The Organizing Committee of the Conference welcomes the online submission of abstracts written in English that are closely related to the areas specified in the call for papers.
- Abstract should be prepared in accordance to the template provided in this section and not exceed 300 words.
- We encourage the authors to provide an informative abstract which is a compendious summary of a paper’s substance including its background, objectives, research methods, results and conclusions.
- Authors are strongly advised to proofread their abstracts because abstracts will be reproduced from the online submission. Any error in spelling, grammar or data will appear online or in print.
- Please download the abstract template here and follow the format carefully.
- Submitted abstract and paper will be reviewed based on quality, significance, technical merit, relevance, and originality through blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers.
- The corresponding author is responsible for ensuring that the submitted abstract and paper has been approved by all other co-authors and takes responsibility for the paper during submission and peer review.
- Each abstract and paper will be evaluated by at least two members of Scientific Committee of the 2nd ICEO 2019, consisting one reviewer from the National Scientific Committee and the other from the International Scientific Committees,whose identities will remain anonymous to the authors.
- Prior to forwarding to the reviewers, all abstracts and papers are subject to a ‘similarity test’ by the Editor of the Conference. Abstracts or Papers having a high score of similarity will be examined in detailed and those considered unacceptable will be rejected without going for a further review.
- Based on the reviewer’s comments, the organizing committee will take one of the following decisions:
- Accept without revisions
- Accept upon addressing the recommended modifications
- Reject the paper
- The corresponding author will be notified of the abstract or paper acceptance or non-acceptance within two to four weeks after the receipt of the submission.
- Review comments will be communicated to the corresponding author and he/she may require to do necessary revisions and send revised paper on or before prescribed day
- The final version of accepted abstracts will be presented at the conference by one of the authors.
- Full papers may be submitted two weeks after the the conference date and will receive a review process as mentioned above.
- Only papers of which the abstracts have been accepted and presented at the conference will be included for publication in the Conference Proceedings.
- The Conference Proceedings will be published under an ISBN number by SCITEPRESS (Science and Technology Publications, Lda) and include final versions of all accepted papers, adjusted to satisfy reviewers’ recommendations. They will be archived and made available for online consultation at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library. The SciTePress Digital Library is an open access repository.
- The proceedings will be submitted for Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI/ISI), DBLP, EI (Elsevier Engineering Village Index) and Scopus for indexation.
- Selected high quality papers will be offered for publication in a reputable international journal (Q2 Scimago) subject to additional cost. Only authors of the selected papers will be contacted and offered for this journal publication.
- Plagiarism is defined as ‘submitting as one’s own work, irrespective of intent to deceive, that which derives in part or in its entirety from the work of others without due acknowledgement. It is both poor scholarship and a breach of academic integrity.’
- We firmly believe that ethical conduct is the most essential virtual of any academic. It is therefore we do not tolerate plagiarism in any of our publications, and we reserve the right to check all suspect submissions through appropriate plagiarism checking tools.
- Submissions containing suspected plagiarism, in whole or part, will be rejected. If plagiarism is discovered post-publication, a retraction policy is implemented, in line with COPE’s Retraction Guidelines (https://publicationethics.org/newsevents/cope%E2%80%99s-retraction-guidelines)
- Our conference publication strives to follow COPE’s guidelines for Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing and encourage authors, reviewers and editors to uphold these same principles.
Presentation without publication
- For a few authors who do not want to publish their paper either in the proceedings or journal under the conference, you are welcome to submit the abstracts to us which will be sent to at least two technical committees for a brief review, and present your abstract at the conference without publishing a full paper.
- Authors wishing to present abstract/paper without any publication, please kindly contact Dr. Yunardi through email email@example.com for further details.